Saturday, February 5, 2011

I scream, you scream...

...we all scream for Ice Cream! Happy Ice Cream for Breakfast Day!
What better way to cheer up the long cold winter then by eating ice cream for breakfast! Thanks Aunt Trudy for telling us about this delicious holiday. We'd been looking forward to it for a few weeks and enjoyed it very much this morning. I made some cowboy coffee cake to go with it cause I couldn't bring myself to just serve ice cream. It kind of rounded out the meal a little.
I had good intentions on making a trip to Salt Lake to get Baskin-Robbins seeing as how that's what I was raised on. My parents owned a Baskin-Robbing store until I was 12, and my grandparents had one too for a while when I was a kid. The Todd family members love Baskin-Robbins and can down a gigantic bucket (the ones in you see in the display case) in no time at all when we're all together. In fact- I remember going to my cousins house in Florida when I was 11 or 12 (so that we could all go to Disney World) and eating Baskin-Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream for breakfast one day. So Todd family- please excuse the cartons of Dreyers on the counter, if Baskin-Robbins was closer I would have gone.

We can't wait to celebrate this one again next year!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Yummy. Everyone looks like they are enjoying their breakfast. Love all of you!!

Tanya said...

You are a fun mom!

Amanda said...

That sounds fun!