Sunday, October 26, 2008

What a week!

This week has been crazy busy for us. We seemed to have something going on everyday. And on top of that, Bryan has started his "busy season" at work and didn't get home until after 11pm most nights. I start to feel like a single mother this time of year because he works so much. I guess I should just be grateful that he has a good job! So this is what we had going on...

Monday- The elementary school had their annual Halloween Carnival. It's put on by the PTA and it's the only fundraiser that I really participate in. The kids got to dress up in their costumes (it's like a Halloween dress rehearsal) and play a bunch of carnival games in the school. We also ate pizza, soda, cotton candy, and donuts, and went through a haunted house. Overall it was a fun night.

Tuesday- This was the least busy of all my days. Anna had YW volleyball practice and then I went to dinner (Casa del Rey in Grantsville- yummy!) with book group. I don't think we ever talked about the Twilight book like we were going to, but we did plan out the next 6 or so months.

Wednesday- Tyler had a Halloween party at a friend's house. They made a lot of cute treats and crafts. He had a blast and didn't want to come home. That night Anna had a youth activity. They went to a corn maze (haunted & scary). I'm glad she made it home safe! I personally don't like haunted/scary thing, but then I'm a wimp.

Thursday- This is the day that I offered to watch Stacy's (my sister) 3 boys & dog overnight. Alfredo (her hubby) had a concert he wanted to go to in SLC. Since they live down in Springville and the kids didn't have school on Friday, she asked if they could stay here. So Brandon & Caleb (twins- almost 9), Logan (almost 5), and Sophia (old stinky bull dog) all slept over. They're good kids and Tyler had a great time playing with Logan. B & C were really funny with the baby. At breakfast, they pushed her highchair into the corner so that they could both sit by her (see pic).

Friday- Tyler ditched out on preschool so that he could play with his cousin. My sister-in-law came over so that we could make fairy wings for a Halloween costume. She brought me a large diet dr. pepper (my favorite!) Thanks Jen!! My sis came around lunch to get the kids/dog. Tyler went to a friend's house for a few hours to play. That night Bryan and I went to a Halloween party. It was a blast. I haven't laughed that much in a long time. Some of the costumes people came up with were great! We went as Angela Martin and Dwight Schrute from the TV show The Office. If you don't watch it, you wouldn't know who we were. We had a great time.

Saturday- You would think that Bryan would be home, but no! He had to work half the day. So I did soccer games alone. Tyler's was at 9 and Ellie's was at 11. Tyler scored 2 goals; Ellie took a ball to the face. These were the last games until spring- yippy! I'm ready for a break from games and practices. Both kids played really good! They must get it from Bryan because I was never really good at sports.

And now it's Sunday- Thank goodness for the day of rest! I took a nap and it felt great! Our kids our out of school Monday and Tuesday, and so far there isn't much planned. Hopefully this week won't be as busy as the last because I could really use a break!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Now I wish I would have made it to that party! The costumes I've seen on blogs so far are all hilarious! Love your Dwight and Angela.

Bailey said...

You guys look perfect as Dwight and Angela! I love it!

Aubrey Jane said...

You two look awesome! I want to see your full outfit! What did you wear on the bottom?

I'm glad that your busy week is over and that you decided not to come up here. You need a break from everything!

I'm glad the boys were good and that they had a fun time. I'm glad that Tyler's costume arrived in time. I'm glad that you got a Dr. Pepper. I'm glad that you laughed at your party. I'm glad that Tyler scored 2 goals. I'm glad you took a nap. I'm just glad all over!

There laugh at that!

Karin said...

Wow! What a week! I am impressed that you did it without Bryan! What a strong woman you are! The Dr. Pepper is a must when enduring busy weeks like this! You deserve a break! Sleep in! Relax! Hve fun! I liked your costumes! Very cute indeed!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Thought that you needed more "!" heehee)

Jessy said...

Thanks for all the "glads" Aubrey. They did bring on some laughing

Kent said...

Sweet costume gang. From the sounds of the hours Bryan is working he and Dwight have a lot in common. Has Bryan also been employee of the month for 13 of the last 12 months? Taking an extra month in lieu of a raise?

We really should get together sometime before Anna gets married.