Thursday, December 18, 2008

Random Happenings

The past 3 weeks have been really busy for us. It's that time of year I guess. Bryan has been on vacation from work since the 8th. He has had to do some work from home, but mostly he has been working in our basement. It's coming along nicely and he's going a great job. We might even be ready for drywall next week. He's kept himself really busy so I haven't gotten a case of the "Husband" yet (you know- when your husband is home on vacation with nothing to do but mess up your schedule and get in the way- yeah, there's been none of that)!
Here's a random sampling of what's been going on over the past 2 weeks...

Anna is doing really well in 7th grade. She's has good friends and is a great girl. Right now she is visiting family in Colorado. After one canceled flight, a missed school dance and super long lines at the airport, she finally made it there safely. She was hesitant to go because she's somewhat of a homebody. But from what I've heard, she's having a good time.

Ellie is in 3rd grade and is also doing great. We call her our social butterfly because so has so many friends in the neighborhood. She's always at someone's house playing. She's currently up to the same old stuff. She's had some late nights since school got out, so she's been extra moody (lack of sleep=bad day for Ellie!). So tonight it was early to bed for her. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day! She's so full of energy and is mostly a lot of fun to be around.

Tyler too is up to the same old stuff. He had a Christmas party at school on the 19th. Bryan, Kate and I went and watched him sing some fun Christmas songs. He loves going to Miss. Sarah's preschool, and had made lots of friends there. He is great with Kate, and just loves her so much. I was worried before she came that he would get jealous and not handle the new baby well, but it's been just the opposite. He's been great with her and is always tell me "I love Kate so much!".

Kate is growing way too fast. She is now crawling all over the place. She has also cut her first tooth (if you make her bath picture really big you can see it). I've started bathing her in the kitchen sink (don't get grossed out- I scrub it out really good first!). It's like a little baby hot tub and she loves it, it's also a lot easier on the back. Now that she's completely mobile, she seems to get herself into a lot more trouble. She's learned to pull the ornaments off the Christmas tree, climb through the legs of the chair we were using as a make-shift baby gate, and eat every little thing off the floors! I went in to get her out of bed in the morning last week and found her with 2 pacifiers in her mouth. She's too funny sometimes!

As for me, I'm tired and ready for things to slow down again. I finally finished the Christmas stockings I've been making for us. I've also completely finished my Christmas shopping today and I almost have everything wrapped. I've stocked up on batteries after last years emergency run on Christmas Eve to Mavrick to get some. I've mailed all the packages that needed to be mailed. I don't think they'll arrive on time because I got so busy that I kept forgetting to go mail them, but it's the thought that counts- right?! My goal now is to not have to go to Walmart again until after Christmas, but that's just wishful thinking because I'm sure I'll wake up tomorrow and think of something that I need to go get. I love this time of year.
I love buying gifts for Bryan and the kids and seeing their faces light up with joy when they open them Christmas morning. I love teaching the kids about the true meaning of Christmas and pondering on the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. We hope the Spirit of Christ is with you this Holiday season. Merry Christmas form our family to yours!

5 comments:

Ware Family said...

I'm impressed (and jealous) you are getting your basement done! We'll have to wait a while for ours.
I'm also impressed you don't have a serious case of the "husband." I got it bad after the twins and Shane was home for a month. I was just ready for a normal schedule at all I think!
Sounds like the kids are busy and doing well. Gearing up for busy season (busy season, haha, doesn't that season last all year long??).

Bailey said...

I see that tiny little tooth poking through! What a cute and funny little babe! Your kids are all great! I love your stockings too. They look really cute!

The Cook's said...

I am super impressed with the stockings, they are adorable!

The Evans Family said...

ditto to Emily's comment - I am very impressed - those stockings are adorable. After I had to shop around this year for stockings, it became my project to have done by next Christmas. You are an inspiration!

Aubrey Jane said...

This could have been you're Christmas card letter! You should have printed it out and sent it with your pictures!
Is your sign the same color as my sign? I'm so excited to get to hang mine up someday!