Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A month in review


I'm so busy with life these days that I sometimes forget that I have a bog to update. Let's face it- I'm a bad blogger. So here's a review of what we were up to in February (mostly for journaling purposes):

-Bryan and I made it to the temple together for the first time since I was pregnant. I'm embarrassed to say that it had been over a year since we had gone. It was so good to go again and feel what I had been missing for so long.

-Anna brought home Strep throat, missed 2 days of school from being sick, went to a school Valentine's dance, and got a valentine from a boy in our ward all in the same week. She's a busy girl! I really can't believe that she'll be 13 in a few weeks.

-My sister came to help me paint the basement. Thanks Aubrey!! The paint is now 90% done. It is taking so long because neither Bryan nor I have very much time to work on it. The whole project is so close to being finished, yet there seem to be so many things left to do. I'll be so glad when it's finally done and we can spread out a little. Right now we are crammed in here with not much room to roam.

-Bryan took me out for Valentines Day. We went to dinner at Pat's Barbecue in Salt Lake. If you like barbecue, you've got to try it. It's amazing! We also saw a lame movie- Mall Cop. Don't waste your money. We had limited choices of movies for the time that we could go. It was fun just to go out with out the kids. He also gave me new super-soft fluffy towels and a new pillow. I have the best husband!

-Thanks to Anna, I came down with strep throat the week after she had it. I started feeling sick on a Tuesday- but didn't do anything about it. In fact, my dad was in town so he came over for dinner. I fixed a really sorry dinner, and I'm so embarrassed that he came and ate it anyway. When I woke up Wednesday- I felt like really bad. Fever, soar throat, aching body. Bryan stayed home for half the day so I could go to the doctor. Thanks to some penicillin I'm all better, and so far no one else has gotten it.

-On Saturday the 21st we went on a tour of the new Draper Temple. We were able to meet up with some family. There was Bryan's parents, my Mom, my sister Aubrey and her family, and Aubrey's mother-in-law and niece. It is very beautiful and the kids had a great time walking through it. Ellie has had some questions lately about what it's like to get married in the temple. She's asked if you get to walk down an isle or have flower girls. It was really neat to show her the sealing room and teach her about temple marriages.

-This last Saturday (the 28th) we drove up to Logan for my niece's baptism. Islay Mae was baptized and we are so proud of her! She is such a sweet girl and I'm so glad that we were able to be a part of her special day.

It was a busy month- I guess having 4 kids keeps my hands fuller then I ever imagined it would. But honestly, I wouldn't change a thing!

2 comments:

Ware Family said...

Wow, you guys are busy!
I hpe the basement gets done soon and everyone stays healthy so things can calm down.
Miss you guys!

Cindy said...

Wow! I can't believe Anna is as tall as you now!