Friday, October 23, 2009

Granny's services

There were 3 different funeral services for my Granny. The first was in St. George where she had been staying for the summer. You see, my mom flew out to DC at the beginning of the summer, packed her up, and brought her out to Utah so that she could be with family. We knew she wasn't doing very well, and later we found out that her cancer had returned and was at a stage 4. This service was mostly for her family since she had a lot in Utah. I can't believe I only got 2 picture the whole time we were down there. One of my sister and me, and the other is of Anna with Jordan, my cousins daughter (her 2nd cousin?)- they are only 3 days apart in age- cute girls!Her other 2 services were in Washington DC. I was able to fly out, with Kate, to attend them. The first was a memorial service that was held at her ward house. This happens to be the same building that I attended when we lived back east- it's also the building I was baptized in. All of my cousins but one (Melissa- we missed you!) were able to be there. I think this was the first time in a very long time- if ever- that we were all together. My youngest sister's husband was the only in-law that came, so his filling Melissa's place. So we have: Denny (the in-law), Bailey, Bradley, Tyler, Allene, Aubrey, Rachael, Lauren, Megan, Stacy, Jessy (me) and Tiffany. Here is one of my Mom with Kate chasing leaves outside the church. And one of my Dad holding Kate. She loves her Papa, he was one of the few people she would willingly go to while on our trip. The second service was the interment at Arlington National cemetery. The cemetery was beautiful, but a little loud with the airport so close by. This is a picture of my Grandmother's 4 children: Stuart (my dad), Trudy, Michael and Allen. The services were beautiful in all locations. There were lots of tears and laughs. It was wonderful being around family that I don't get to see very often. More to come from my trip later!

2 comments:

M.M. said...

I am so sad I wasn't able to come! I was so bogged down with homework, though, so I think it was best for my grades...haha. :) Thanks to Denny for standing in for me...I do say I make a pretty guy...hehe :)

HalnJess said...

I'm so sorry - I had goose bumps reading this then seeing the sweet photo of her sitting with your girls. She sounds amazing.