Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas traditions #1

I guess it's time to put up another post seeing as how my last one was on Halloween! It's been crazy here since my last post. Bryan was working in California for about a month and a half. He would go during the week and come home on weekends. Near the end he was only home on Sundays. But that's done for now- Thank Goodness! We had a great Thanksgiving at the Haymond's house and I survived Black Friday (but just barley!). So now it's time to move on to Christmas. I thought I would share some of our Christmas traditions.

This first one is all for me. I actually learned it from my sister who got it from a friend of hers. I love it, it helps me not go overboard when shopping for the kids.

I buy each of our kids 4 gifts:
Something they want
Something they need
Something to wear
and Something to read.

Now of course there are exceptions to this rule. The first major one is that they also get something from Santa (so now we're up to 5 gifts). The "wear" item is always jammies. That's a tradition all in it's self. These 5 gifts are just for them, we also get family gifts like movies, wii games, and board games. Another big exception is this- last year they didn't even get the 5 gifts. Instead we were surprising them with a trip to Disneyland. So I think they got their Santa gift, jammies, and a book but that was about it. But it was well worth it, I think it has been our best Christmas so far.

So if your not done with your Christmas shopping maybe this will help!

2 comments:

Bailey said...

I'm not going to lie I was just about to post about this very thing. I thought about not doing it but I think I'll just go ahead with it if you don't mind. I love that rhyme.

Jessy said...

It's fine with me- do it!