Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas traditions #2

Pillowcases!

I make them every year for my kids and whichever nieces and/or nephews our family "gives" to. So this year I'm making 7. My kids get theirs rolled up in their stockings. I only started doing this about 4 years ago, but it's a keeper. I got the directions from this site, the only difference is that I don't use holiday theme fabric. I use whatever fun/cute fabric I can find. For example Tyler has airplanes, Thomas, Cars, and BYU cases (Thomas and Cars are from his younger years!).

Here's my pile of my different fabrics cut, ironed, and ready to be sewn together...

And here are some of the finished product (I can't show all of them cause I'm not finished!)...

















Homemade gifts are always a good thing. And these are super easy to make. I'm sure we'll send Anna off to college someday with a stack of 10 or so pillowcases that are all her own.

2 comments:

Aubrey Jane said...

I love your pillowcases! Will we be the lucky recipients of pillowcases this year?

Amanda said...

LOVE to make pillow cases too! Maybe I should start this tradition also!